Malaysian Mango Chicken Curry
Try this delicious and healthy dish next time you're looking to make something great with chicken. Unlike other
sweet-sauced chicken dishes, like Sweet and Sour Chicken and Orange Chicken, stir-fried Mango chicken does not use
any frying batter. Try it when you’re in the mood for something light and tangy. Just be sure to pick up a ripe or
medium ripe mango. Simmer the mango until the juices surrender and you will definitely be on your way to a truly
delicious Malaysian Mango dish!
- 8 oz skinless and boneless chicken thigh (breast or leg), cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive oil works fine)
- 1/2 small onion, quartered
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, slivered into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 medium ripe green mango, peeled, pitted and slivered
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons tomato puree, or tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoon chili sauce (Lingham or Maggi)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon A1 Steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2-3 tablespoons mango juice, pineapple juice, or water
- 1/2-1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, balsamic or black vinegar
- sugar and salt to taste
- Marinate chicken pieces with Marinade ingredients for 10 minutes.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Adjust sugar and other sauce ingredients to your liking. Set sauce mixture aside.
- Heat up a little oil in a wok, stir-fry onions, red and green bell peppers until fragrant and slightly charred. Dish up and set aside.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok, toss in marinated chicken pieces, mango slivers and give it a quick swirl for 1 minute or until the chicken gets a bit sticky on the wok. Cover wok and simmer on medium-high heat for another 2 minutes to draw the mango juice out.
- Remove wok cover, add in the sauce mixture, stir well and bring it to a quick boil. Cover wok, turn heat to medium-low and let it simmer until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Toss in items from step 3., stir well, salt and sugar to taste. Serve with steamed white rice.
This photo was taken by tiramisustudio via FreeDigitalPhotos.net