| March 2013: Tips, eNews & More!
After the Winter Storm of 2013, it's hard to believe that spring is just around the corner!
March 20th is the first day of spring. Certainly many around our office are anxiously awaiting the warmer temperatures. For many of you, March Break is also quickly approaching. This is a great time to come in for a cleaning or catch up on a treatment that you may have started last year.
Nutrition Month is hosted annually by the Dietitians of Canada. This year's theme is 'Best Food Forward: Plan, Shop, Cook, Enjoy!' What you eat plays an integral role in your wellbeing, and directly affects your oral health. You can visit this link for some helpful tips and tools regarding nutrition and your health, and to learn more about Nutrition Month. As always, we encourage you to learn more about your health, and remember that the kitchen is a great place to try new things.
Until next month,
Dr. Tsang and Team
| How to Brush and Floss Properly
Flossing: Click here to find out!
- Use a soft toothbrush for thorough and gentle cleaning.
- Hold your brush at a 45 degree angle. Begin by brushing the outside of the front teeth. Use gentle, half-tooth wide, back and forth strokes.
- Next, brush the outside back teeth, starting along the gumline.
- For the inside back teeth, use short, angled brush strokes.
- For the inside front teeth, tilt the brush vertically, and use an up-and-down motion.
- For the chewing surfaces, hold the brush flat, and use a gentle motion.
| Black Bean Salad with Fresh Mint
Legumes are plant-based foods that are packed with nutrients and can be instrumental to maintaining your overall health. They are high in protein, soluble and insoluble fibre and low in cholesterol. Legumes can be helpful in weight control, low in cholestrol aid in digestion and extremely versatile, making them easy to incorporate in your diet.
This month we've included an easy-to-make salad that can be used as a satisfying lunch or great side to any dinner.
Click here for the recipe.