| July 2014: Tips, eNews & More!
Hope you had a great Canada Day long weekend!
With summer in full swing, more and more people are taking advantage of all the farmers' markets popping up around their communities.
Shopping at farmers' markets gives you a great opportunity to really connect with the food you buy and to learn about where it comes from
and who produces it. It's also a great way to teach kids about food, the importance of eating whole foods and cooking from scratch.
Other advantages of buying at Farmers' Markets include:
When you're not out picking up fresh meat and produce, be sure to wear plenty of sunscreen, stay hydrated and stay cool as best you can!
- Supporting local farmers and small business owners
- Enjoying healthier and more sustainable locally grown food
- Creating an excellent opportunity to communicate with those who grow or create the foods that you eat. It helps to build community in your city or neighborhood.
- Fruits and vegetables are fresher, and therefore, taste better.
- It's outside! What can be more satisfying than enjoying fresh air and sunshine while you shop for ingredients to make something
We hope you are enjoying the summer!
Dr. Tsang and Team
|How Does Mouthwash Compare to Brushing?
So you were in a hurry, you picked up your mouthwash and had a quick rinse before you left the house, that's as good as brushing...right?
Click here to find out why.
| Smoky Eggplant Dip
When you're at the farmers' market, be sure to pick up fresh vegetables, including eggplant, spinach and garlic for this delicious smoky
eggplant dip. It makes a great healthy snack to enjoy at a BBQ, at the beach or just lounging around the house.
Quick fun fact: Eggplants are technically berries!
Click here for the